Friday, June 29, 2012

RIP Nora Ephron

I have to admit... I'm not much of a 'rom-com' person.  I think even the term sounds silly.  In fact, I make fun of my sweetie for loving sappy movies like Love Actually, The Holiday, P.S. I Love You, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. 

HOWEVER, pretty much anything that Nora Ephron touched was the exception to the rule for me.  I'm not sure why... maybe because her characters always seemed a little more quirky than the one-dimensional characters found in most formulaic romantic comedies.  Maybe because all her films-- even though they were set in modern day-- had a nostalgic feel to them.  Whatever the reason, I rooted for Harry and Sally to get together. I was devasted when The Shop Around the Corner closed because the big, bad Fox Books moved in.  I was sure that in some small hotel in the midwest, Michael the Archangel was adjusting his wings, drinking his milk right from the cereal bowl and smelling like cookies.

I was saddened to hear that Nora Ephron passed away this week.  I will miss her and her charming characters.  There was no one quite like her.  RIP.



Linking up with Paint Party Friday-- always a great place to find lots of inspiration!

10 comments:

  1. A wonderful tribute to Nora. I too loved her movies. She had some great lines that are always going to be remembered and from which movie too. Great sign you did. HPPF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also shocked to hear about her death. Lovely type & quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice tribute... Sinus loves sappy movies too... mind you he is a bit partial to Rambo as well, but hey give him a romantic comedy and he is happy... great pic...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painted tribute to Nora.
    Love your lettering!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too followed Nora, as we were pretty close in age and issues. I appreciate the tribute. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tribute, just finished watching "You got Mail" five minutes ago! This was so appropriate!! I agree with Nora, it's important to know what you love!! Love this post!! Thank you!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quote, beautiful lettering. Great job.

    Happy (belated) PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. couldn't agree more! love your representation of her quote.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...