Monday, September 12, 2011

Just can't ignore the inspiration any longer...


Well, it’s official… I’m going to give this blogging a try.  recently, my teenage daughter described me as ‘artsy’ and i guess she’s right.  i’ve always been amazed at the creativity of people who can just sit down and sketch whatever inspires them.  i will admit, as much as i’d love to be, i’m not much of a sketcher.  as a result, many years ago, I took up calligraphy and discovered rubber stamps as a way to embellish my lettering arts.


Somewhere along the line, life got in the way and I put my pens and watercolors aside and I realized lately that I’ve missed having that outlet in my life.  so… after having spent the last several weeks snooping around the internet and finding some AMAZINGLY talented artists with blogs that detail their imagination, their creativity and their journey, i’ve decided that it’s time for me to jump in with both feet. 

i have a lot of catching up to do to get my fingers, my hands and my mind to remember all that i’ve forgotten but i hope to be able to chronicle that here.  hopefully, i’ll see a lot of improvement in my work, i’ll make some ‘artsy’ friends along the way… but no matter what happens, i know i’ll have some fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...