Sunday, December 9, 2012

EDM#290: Draw a teapot


I used ArtRage on my iPad again for this one.  I'm fascinated by teapots and love collecting them, even though half the time I just pull hot water from our gizmo with the water bottle on top that dispenses super hot or super cold water.  Maybe one day, I'll draw that.  Of course, it's not nearly as pretty as most teapots are.

This teapot also reminds me of my wonderful grandmother, who would have been 102 today.  I can't drink a cup of tea without thinking of her.  She always drank plain ol' Lipton black tea from the supermarket.  I'm not sure whether she'd be delighted or appalled by all the flavored variations I drink today.

She always reminded me that I was her first grandchild, her god daughter, her namesake and her favorite.  The first three always made me feel extra special.  The last-- being her favorite-- was something she told all of her grandchildren... and we knew it.  But it didn't make any of us feel any less special.  She passed away just before Christmas several years ago.  She's always on my mind, more so at this time of year.

Linking to Sunday Sketches and EDM #290.

13 comments:

  1. This is a lovely memory of your grandmother. I make teapots, in large part, because a teapot my Nanu used when I was a little girl.
    How do you like working on a screen? Do you miss the feel of pencil (pen or brush) on the texture of the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonderful lines on your teapot, well done! And God bless your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story is so deeply beautiful, your art is gorgeous..what a wonderful tribute to a special soul! i love collecting tea post and such too..and my most special items are from family!
    Beautiful post..here's to your lovely Grandmother!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. great sketch - I have a special teapot memory of my grandma yoo!
    hugs, dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully created teapot with so many fond memories for you ~ loving post ~ (A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this was done by an iPad. Looks like an old-fashioned watercolor and I love the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea reminds me of my Grandmothers too. One would always be asking "do you want a cup of tea?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely teapot with lovely memories! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the light hitting the teapot and how funky it looks. Very cool sketch. I'd like to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tea pots! It amazes me what you can do with an Ipad. Your grandmother sounds just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely tribute and she sounds like she played a big role in your life... my Gran always dank Earl Grey from a china tea pot into a proper cup and saucer and was appalled by mugs... she would shake her head like crazy that I use mugs... but I do like to pull out one of her tea cups and take the time to brew it properly and think of her... great post...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you sharing these touching memories and this pewter looking teapot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...